Deep Renovation of a Multi-owner Residential Building to Reach a Low Energy Standard
Avedøre Stationsby, Hvidovre, Denmark
Scope of Renovation
The scope of the renovation is to develop a showroom for the best possible energy renovation solutions which is to be replicated in the rest of Avedøre Stationsby.
- Avedøre Boligselskab consists of three social housing companies, all located in Avedøre City. They operate 2.500 flats (both multi-family and terraced houses) ranging from 69 to 138 m2.
- Store Hus (“the Big House”, 464 flats) is the RINNO demo site.
- Construction year: 1976-78.
- The building is made of concrete elements. Facade elements must be exchanged due to cold bridges and penetrating water.
- Replication of up to 960 facade elements depending on the results.
- Other renovation elements will be integrated (e.g., exchange of heating system, insulation of installations and new smart meters).
- Building integrated RES technologies
- A cooperative battery solution, a “Booster”in the DH cooperation system
- Mechanical ventilation system with heat recovery – testing of Micro-ventilation in living rooms
- New roofs and insulation of walls (conventional and bio-based) – also with integrated PV
- Triple (energy) glazing
- The DH system will be developed as an advanced, 4th generation DH based on the ATES technology
- Infrastructure for electro mobility chargers will be installed together with the installation of the new DH system